Faculty members in the graduate program promote the richness of diversity and create a truly inclusive learning community. Affiliation with practitioners brings innovative content to the classes, and the strong alumni connection provides continued professional development support and job opportunities.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
This program is no longer accepting applications for the Fall 2017 semester; however, the Spring 2018 and Summer 2018 semesters are still open for admission.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work in marketing and management
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) addressing the following:
- What experiences have led you to pursue graduate studies in recreation management?
- What qualities, values, characteristics do you possess that will enable you to meet the academic rigors of graduate education?
- What are your career goals relating to obtaining a master’s degree?
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.