The nationally accredited program provides students opportunities to work closely with faculty members who are distinguished scholars, mentors and master clinicians. Faculty/student ratios provide individualized attention, effective clinical mentoring and academic excellence. Graduates are highly competitive nationally in today’s workforce.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.A.||39||Thesis||Cognate – Communication Disorders required|
|Fall||January 15||January 15|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in communication disorders from a regionally accredited university. A competitive leveling program is available if you do not have the required degree.
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted. If you have not yet graduated with your bachelor's degree, you must submit a transcript with Fall 2017 grades.
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your undergraduate communication disorders courses
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- prerequisite course form
- statement of purpose addressing the following questions:
- What areas of speech pathology practice or research interest you most and why?
- Why are you applying to the Communication Disorders graduate program at Texas State University?
- Briefly describe any life experiences, situations, and/or research interests which distinguish you as an applicant.
- three forms of recommendation
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.