Elementary Education – Bilingual/Bicultural
Texas State University is a Hispanic Serving Institution located in the heart of Texas, which is rich in bilingual communities. The campus is also situated in close proximity to several public schools that implement diverse bilingual education programs where students can get hands-on experiences teaching and learning in bilingual classrooms.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
This program is for students seeking only a master's degree. If you wish to pursue a master's degree and certification, please review the details for the M.Ed. in elementary education + EC-6 generalist bilingual certification program.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
Documents & Other Requirements
- interview with the bilingual coordinator to ensure your proficiency in written and spoken Spanish
- statement of purpose (one page) describing why you wish to teach
- three letters of recommendation
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.