Student Affairs in Higher Education
Students hold graduate assistantship positions across campus and internships at institutions in the Central Texas region, allowing for the development of valuable experiences and skills and an opportunity to bridge classroom learning and professional practice. Students take courses in a cohort-based model, which contributes to a strong learning community.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|Fall||January 15||January 15|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE not required
Documents & Other Requirements
- statement of purpose (maximum 500 words, double-spaced in essay format) addressing the following:
- What experiences have led you to pursue a career in student affairs?
- What qualities, values, characteristics, and/or skills do you possess that make you a strong candidate for the student affairs in higher education (SAHE) program at Texas State?
- What do you hope to gain from the SAHE program at Texas State, and how does this relate to your personal and professional goals?
- three letters of recommendation
- semi-finalist applicants will be expected to participate in an on-campus interview
Review important information about documents.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.
Your statement of purpose will be evaluated for content, style, and quality. While you may seek consultation and editing suggestions, this statement must be representative of you and your current level and style of writing.