Texas State’s master of healthcare administration program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME) since 1992. Because CAHME accreditation requires continual self-evaluation, regular reports and periodic external review, the educational quality of the programs remains current and reflects changes in knowledge and practice.
|Degree||Concentration||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.H.A.||No concentration||49||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.H.A.||No concentration||49||Thesis||No minor|
|M.H.A.||Executive Delivery Modality*||49||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.H.A.||Executive Delivery Modality*||49||Thesis||No minor|
The majority of this program may be offered online. If you are not a Texas resident and will not relocate, please visit the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. Students requiring an F-1 student visa or J-1 exchange visitor visa are not eligible for admission into the Online Healthcare Administration program. All other international applicants should visit the International Office regarding additional considerations in taking online courses.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- background course work in statistics, economics, and financial accounting (to be completed before the start of the program)
- preferred minimum of 575 on your admissions index: (last 60 hours GPA x 100) + GRE verbal section scores + GRE quantitative section scores
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- resume/CV including relevant experience (volunteer, research, employment, and other)
- statement of purpose indicating your ability and interest in completing the degree program in healthcare administration
- three letters of recommendation from professionals or academics competent to assess your interest in pursuing a career in healthcare administration
- interview with the graduate advisor, assessing your commitment to completing the program
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
Review important information about official test scores.