Graduate Student Exchange Program
The exchange program for graduate students encourages students in different countries to spend time at Texas State University. However, some departments/programs will not admit exchange students, and others may admit after evaluating course availability.
Contact The Graduate College for general questions about getting started with your application, funding your degree, and more.
If you have program-specific questions after reviewing the program details, we encourage you to contact the following:
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- application fees not required for exchange applicants
- transcripts not required
- GRE not required
- visiting student form requiring:
- approval to take the course from your primary institution, or the institution granting your degree
- approval from the graduate advisor or department chair in the program/department offering the course at Texas State
Return the visiting student form signed by all appropriate parties for The Graduate College dean to approve at least two weeks prior to registration. The form must be completed prior to enrollment each term you study as a visiting student.
Some departments/programs do not permit exchange students to take their courses, while others will evaluate course availability before approving exchange students.
Review important information about documents.
TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official PTE scores required with a 52 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.
English Proficeincy Waiver
In lieu of official TOEFL or IELTS scores, you may submit a waiver form signed by your home institution verifying your English language abilities.