Data Analytics and Information Systems
The MSDAIS program prepares students to use information systems and quantitative skills to conduct data analysis on large datasets. Graduates will be capable of transforming large datasets into actionable information and have the communication skills necessary to present results and recommendations to decision-makers.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|Texas State Round Rock Campus
This entire program can be completed in Round Rock or San Marcos, though more electives are offered at the San Marcos campus.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- a competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
GMAT or GRE Scores
- official GMAT or GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores
- responses to specific essay questions (two essays are required):
- Why have you chosen to pursue a graduate business degree at Texas State University? What do you hope to accomplish during your time in the program?
- Tell us about your three most significant accomplishments. Why do you view them as such? What lessons did you learn from them?
- Optional Personal Statement: In cover-letter format, you may address the admissions committee about anything related to your background, application, and/or desire to attend graduate school at Texas State University.
- resume/CV detailing work experience, extracurricular and community activities, and honors and achievements
- three letters of recommendation from individuals best able to assess your ability to succeed in graduate school
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of
- 19 listening
- 19 reading
- 19 speaking
- 18 writing
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.