Accounting and Information Technology
Dr. William Chittenden
McCoy Hall, Room 530
The master of science in accounting and information technology (MSAIT) program is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the hallmark of excellence in business and accounting education. Less than 5% of the world’s business programs are accredited by AACSB.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- a competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work in:
- ACC 2361 Introduction to Financial Accounting or equivalent 1
- ACC 3313 Intermediate Accounting I or equivalent 2
- QMST 2333 Business Statistics or equivalent 1
1 must be completed before admission to the graduate program
2 must make a grade of “C” or better to continue in graduate program
GRE or GMAT Scores
- official GMAT or GRE (general test only) required with competitive scores
- resume/CV detailing your work experience, extracurricular and community activities, and honors and achievements
- responses to specific essay questions
- two letters of recommendation from persons best able to assess your ability to succeed in graduate school
Read additional information about the program's admissions review process.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of
- 19 listening
- 19 reading
- 19 speaking
- 18 writing
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Admissions Review Process
Admission to all graduate business degree programs is competitive and designed to identify those who have the ability, interest, and maturity to manage the rigors of the programs as well as potential for future professional growth; therefore, the admissions committee will carefully consider all aspects of your professional and academic background. The admissions committee will also closely review the qualitative elements of your application, such as letters of recommendation, quality of written essays, relevant work experience, extracurricular and community activities, honors and achievements, and other personal characteristics that will enhance diversity in academic programs.