Texas State offers opportunities to work with outstanding faculty in a collegial atmosphere where mathematicians and math educators work closely together. The multi-faceted program offers a strong mathematics foundation and research opportunities through Mathworks, grant activities and local school partnerships that prepare students to become leaders in mathematics education research.
|Degree||Concentration||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.Ed.||No concentration||36||Non-Thesis||Minor required|
|M.S.||No concentration||36||Non-Thesis||Minor required|
|M.S.||No concentration||30||Thesis||Minor required|
|M.S.||No concentration||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||No concentration||30||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Applied Mathematics||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Applied Mathematics||30||Thesis||No minor|
This program has a flexible deadline, which means applications received after the posted deadline may be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, with no guarantees for admission consideration.
The deadlines to apply for certain types of funding may be earlier than the deadline above.
This program reviews applications on a rolling basis.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international credential fee (if applicable)
Effective Fall 2019 and beyond
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Review important information about application fees.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- statement of purpose
- three letters of recommendation addressing the substance and quality of your preparation for graduate study
- additional documents not required
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.