Applied Philosophy and Ethics
Dialogue, essential to any practical application of philosophy, is at the heart of the applied philosophy and ethics (MAAPE) program. Students apply theory by participating in the Department of Philosophy’s Dialogue Series. The series includes student and faculty presenters from all eight colleges on campus, as well as speakers from off campus.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
This program has a flexible deadline, which means applications received after the posted deadline may be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, with no guarantees for admission consideration.
Applications must be complete by the priority deadline to be considered for certain types of funding.
This program reviews applications on a rolling basis.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- GRE not required
- statement of purpose (one page)
- two letters of recommendation
- writing sample
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5