Health Information Management
The online master of health information management (M.H.I.M.) program offers current and emerging content about the health information management field with expanding reliance on patient data. M.H.I.M. students will be trained in the latest information management technology applications and understand the workflow in healthcare organizations from large hospital systems to private physician practices.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
The majority of this program may be offered online. If you are not a Texas resident and will not relocate, please visit the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. International students, please review the eligibility requirements of enrolling in online programs and contact the International Office with questions.
|Fall||June 1||June 1|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- completed background courses in:
- Intro to Micro Computer Applications
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy and Physiology
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE not required
Documents & Other Requirements
- interview with the graduate advisor assessing your commitment to completing the program
- statement of purpose indicating your ability and interest in completing the degree program
- three letters of recommendation from professionals or academics competent to assess your interest in pursuing a career or advancing in the field of study
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.