Members of the graduate faculty are nationally known for their research, teaching, and service within the profession. Faculty devote time to student-centered learning in classrooms, laboratories and community settings. Facilities include neuromuscular, exercise physiology, biomechanics and sport medicine, motor ability and sport pedagogy laboratories.
|Degree||Concentration||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.S.||No concentration||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||No concentration||36||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Health and Rehabilitation Sciences||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Health and Rehabilitation Sciences||36||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Physical Activity Literacy||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Strength & Conditioning and Sport Coaching||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Strength & Conditioning and Sport Coaching||36||Thesis||No minor|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work:
- at least 9 hours of exercise science undergraduate credit hours. Students who do not have these hours may be required to complete leveling courses.
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE not required
- statement of purpose (approximately 500 words, typed and double-spaced) addressing the following:
- professional goals
- reasons for pursuing education and training in exercise science
- summary of major strengths and weaknesses with respect to being admitted into the program
- experiences and/or research interests that may contribute to the program
- three letters of recommendation (including at least two academic references) regarding professional competence and character
Review important information about documents.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.