The program is based on the current International Society for Technology in Education’s (ISTE) standards for teaching with technology.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.Ed.||36||Non-Thesis||Cognate – Educational Technology required|
The majority of this program may be offered online. If you are not a Texas resident and will not relocate, please visit the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. International students, please visit the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) regarding additional considerations in taking online courses.
|Fall||June 15||June 1|
|Spring||October 15||October 1|
|Summer I||April 15||March 15|
|Summer II||June 1||No Admission|
This program has a flexible deadline, which means applications received after the posted deadline may be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, with no guarantees for admission consideration.
The deadlines to apply for certain types of funding may be earlier than the deadline above. Read additional information about departmental funding opportunities below.
This program reviews applications on a rolling basis.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE not required
- statement of purpose (approximately 500 words) describing your background and career goals including:
- your background in teaching and education
- your experience with using/integrating technology in the classroom
- how your goals tie into the mission of the educational technology graduate program
- what you hope to achieve by completing the program
Review important information about documents.
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- official TOEFL iBT scores with minimum individual scores of
- 22 listening
- 22 reading
- 24 speaking
- 21 writing
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.