Long-Term Care Administration
This certificate program requires 15 hours to complete.
In addition to those hours, enrollment in an internship course may be required, as a minimum of 1,000 internship hours are required to become a Texas licensed nursing facility administrator.
You are encouraged to apply for the master's degree in dementia and aging studies with a concentration in dementia and long-term care. If you pursue the certificate simultaneously with the master’s degree, 15 credit hours will apply to both the certificate and degree.
|Fall||June 15||June 1|
|Spring||October 15*||October 1|
|Summer I||April 15||March 15|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
The spring 2021 deadline has been extended to November 15, 2020, for domestic applicants.
This program has a firm deadline.
This program reviews applications on a rolling basis.
The majority of this program may be offered online. If you are not a Texas resident and will not relocate, please visit the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. International students, please visit the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) regarding additional considerations in taking online courses.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.5 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE not required
- additional documents not required
TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official PTE scores required with a 52 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.