Communication Disorders Leveling Program
The communication disorders (CDIS) leveling program is a non-degree program for applicants who are interested in the CDIS master's program but who do not have the required background course work. Due to the competitive nature of the CDIS master's program, successful completion of the CDIS leveling program does not guarantee admission. Students are encouraged to apply to more than one communication disorders graduate program during the spring semester of the leveling program. Financial aid is not available for this program.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted. If you have not yet graduated with your bachelor's degree, you must submit a transcript with Fall 2019 grades.
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE not required
- non-degree form
- prerequisite course form
- statement of purpose addressing the following questions:
- What areas of speech pathology practice or research interest you most and why?
- Why are you applying to the Communication Disorders graduate program at Texas State University?
- Briefly describe any life experiences, situations, and/or research interests which distinguish you as an applicant.
- three forms of recommendation
Review important information about documents.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.