Graduate Student Travel Funds
Coronavirus Disease (COVID19) Update: Texas State University is following recommendations by the United States Department of State regarding foreign travel. The Student Health Center has created a webpage to provide the latest COVID-19 information for our Texas State community.
Let us help you share your work at professional conferences around the globe! The Graduate College provides funds to support student participation in conferences in Texas, the United States and beyond.
The Graduate College will partially fund one graduate student conference travel request per academic year subject to availability of funding. Award amounts are determined by location of the conference:
- $150 for travel within Texas
- $200 for travel within the U.S., Mexico, and Canada
- $300 for travel outside North America
Your department and/or academic college may also contribute funds for your travel.
In order to receive travel funds, you must:
- be enrolled in a graduate degree program at Texas State University
- have an accepted conference paper, poster, professional presentation, or performance/exhibit
- be in good academic standing during the semester the conference is held
- meet all Texas State University travel regulations
- conference acceptance document, which will include your name, the conference name, and verbiage confirming the acceptance of your work, e.g. “your presentation/paper/performance/exhibit has been accepted”
- Graduate Student Travel Fund Request form
Begin the four-step process to submit these items as soon as you have been selected to present.
Awards are processed in the order received and will be made after considering department/school and college contributions.