Running With the Graduate Deans
A Wellness & Community-Building Initiative
of The Graduate College
Did you know that running is good for both your mind and your body? We invite you to check out some evidence and see for yourself. Other benefits of running include building community and simply having fun. For all of these reasons, The Graduate College deans and staff would like to invite you to join us in a series of local running events organized by various non-university groups and organizations in town. Not a running club, but a way to run together at some local races. Everyone who joins us at one of the events will receive a technical running shirt featuring the nifty graphic above. Bring your completed registration to one of the designated races to our office to receive your shirt, then wear it on race day so that we can easily identify each other!
For every graduate student, faculty or staff member who runs/walks the race wearing our technical shirt, The Graduate College will put funds in the amount of the race fee into our scholarship account for the coming year. So, by just showing up on race day wearing one of our shirts, you'll be enjoying all the benefits of running (check out the these articles if you need convincing that running is beneficial!) while raising funds to benefit graduate students across campus. And get this: the deans are ready to double down! For every graduate student who crosses the finish line ahead of both Dean Golato and Associate Dean Paulson, we will put funds in the amount of not one, but two race fees into next year's scholarship account. The race is on!
Disclaimer: This web site is for informational purposes only. Consult a physician before performing this or any exercise program. Be sure to consult with your doctor before you begin any fitness or nutrition program or before any other change in lifestyle. If you choose to participate, then please understand that you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to evaluate your own medical and physical condition and to independently determine whether to perform, use, or adapt any of the information or content on this web site. Any exercise program may result in injury. By voluntarily undertaking any exercise displayed on this web site, you assume the risk of any resulting injury.
Don’t feel like running but still want to participate? No problem! Come cheer on your fellow graduate students (and deans!). All volunteers will receive a shirt as well! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
Firecracker 5K Evening Run
Thursday, June 27
Five Mile Dam Park, San Marcos
- Purgatory Trail Run 5K and 10 mile ($150 raised)
- Deans Going the Distance for Graduate Education: Jackalope Jam ($1,825 raised)
- Cinco de Mayo 5K (Que) & Kidz Run ($160 raised)
- Firecracker 5K Evening Run ($275 raised)
- Country Roads 10K ($420 raised)
- Texas State Homecoming 5K ($280 raised)
- Sights and Sounds of Christmas 5K ($1050 raised)
- Purgatory Trail Run 5K and 10 Mile ($130 raised)
- San Marcos Half Marathon, 10k and 5k ($775 raised)
- Pura Vida 5k ($450 raised)
- Got Your Back 5k ($375 raised)
- Cinco de Mayo 5k ($500 raised)
- The Big Run ($90 raised)
- Country Roads 10k ($210 raised)
- The Game: 5k + Last Runner Standing ($1,855 raised)
- Día de los Muertos 5K Run/Walk & Kids Fun Run ($90 raised)
- Sights and Sounds of Christmas 5K and Jingle Bell 1K ($760 raised)