Welcome to The Graduate College!
It is a pleasure to welcome you to The Graduate College at Texas State University. As a graduate student, you are considered a valuable asset to our diverse university community, and we want to help you begin your studies feeling prepared and confident! We encourage you to review the answers to some of the most often-asked questions in this online guide. We'd like you to familiarize yourself with all of the items presented, but you can also use the table of contents below to navigate quickly to your specific question. Feel free to download our Graduate Student Handbook, and watch our brief video offering an overview of our services. If you have a question that is not addressed in this online orientation, in the Graduate Catalog or in the Student Handbook, contact us or contact the graduate advisor of your degree program. Please accept my best wishes as you pursue your graduate degree.
Andrea Golato, Dean
The Graduate College
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Where can I...
- find my classes and other offices the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses?
- find a place to live?
- find the shuttle schedule?
- research my financial aid options?
- find information about scholarships?
- learn about different resources and services relating to my degree progress?
- find resources to help me understand my financial decisions?
- calculate/pay my tuition and fees?
- get my student ID card?
- register for classes?
- get my books?
- find a job?
- find out health insurance options?
- purchase a meal plan?
- find information on emergency procedures?
- change my personal information (name, social security number or date of birth)?
- change my address?
- verify my enrollment?
- order my official transcripts?
- check my registration eligibility and/or holds?
- Graduate Catalog
- Change of Major/Minor/Concentration
- Course Load
- Degree Audit
- Degree Completion Time Limits
- Dissertation Information
- Entrance Date
- The Graduate College Guide to the Preparing and Sumbitting a Thesis or Dissertation
- Meningitis Vaccination Information
- Minor Requirements
- Social Media Use and Cybersecurity
- Thesis Information
- Transfer Credit
- Counseling Center
- Insurance Information
- International Student Health Insurance Requirement
- Recreational Programs and Facilities
- Running With the Graduate Deans
- Student Health Center
- Ask a Librarian
- Assessing Materials in Other Libraries: TexShare and Illiad
- Bibliographies and References for Research Papers and Theses
- Electronic Databases and Journals
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Services
- Graduate Article Delivery Service (GrADS)
- ITS Open Computer Lab
- Laptop Computers and Wireless Access
- Research Guides
- Round Rock Campus Library Services
- Study Spaces
- Subject Librarians
- Bobcat Mail (Texas State-issued email)
- CatsWeb (Texas State Self-Service)
- IT Assistance Center (ITAC)
- Online Toolkit
- SendNPrint Remote Printing
- Texas State Mobile (App)
- Bobcat Bobbies
- Campus Maps
- Parking Services
- Bobcat Shuttle
- University Police Department (UPD)
- Walking Times Between Buildings