The master’s program in wildlife ecology has a long history of cooperation with agencies such as Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and nongovernmental organizations, providing students with access to contemporary wildlife research and potential employment opportunities. Students can take advantage of the excellent research opportunity to study wildlife in Texas and beyond due to the worldwide reach of Texas State faculty research.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in biology or related field from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- mentor communication (intent to mentor letter) from a Biology Department faculty member. Visit the faculty list for current faculty and their research interests and contact information.
- statement of purpose describing your professional aspirations and rationale for pursuing graduate study
- three letters of recommendation addressing the substance and quality of your preparation for graduate study
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.