The program provides a supportive professional community for beginning teachers, or fellows, using integrated curriculum focused on principles of constructivist learning, teacher research, project-based learning and performance assessment while immersing fellows in a central Texas school district teaching position. Experienced teachers serve as on-site mentors and provide a variety of support.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|Fall||No Admission||No Admission|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||April 1||March 15|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in elementary education from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- background inquiry release
- statement of purpose (2-3 pages, double-spaced, computer-generated) addressing the following:
- prior teaching experiences
- rationale for pursuing graduate study in the teacher fellows program
- strengths and weaknesses with respect to being admitted into this program
- three forms of recommendation
- valid Texas teaching license/certificate prior to beginning course work (if admitted)
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.