Elementary Education (Teacher Fellows)
The program provides a supportive professional community for beginning teachers, or fellows, using integrated curriculum focused on principles of constructivist learning, teacher research, project-based learning and performance assessment while immersing fellows in a central Texas school district teaching position. Experienced teachers serve as on-site mentors and provide a variety of support.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.Ed.||36||Non-Thesis||Elementary Education – Teacher Fellows Methods & Materials required|
|Fall||No Admission||No Admission|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||April 1||March 15|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international credential fee (if applicable)
Effective Fall 2019 and beyond
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Review important information about application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in elementary education from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- background inquiry release
- statement of purpose (2-3 pages, double-spaced, computer-generated) addressing the following:
- prior teaching experiences
- rationale for pursuing graduate study in the teacher fellows program
- strengths and weaknesses with respect to being admitted into this program
- three forms of recommendation
- valid Texas teaching license/certificate prior to beginning course work (if admitted)
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.