Director of Physics Graduate Programs
Dr. Nikoleta Theodoropoulou
RFM, Room 3215
A solid physics foundation combined with extensive, hands-on training in state-of-the art nanofabrication and characterization facilities prepares students for careers in the local high-tech industry, science education or advanced studies. Students are engaged in research and gain superior graduate education with individual faculty attention and mentoring.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.S.||36||Non-Thesis||Science minor required|
|M.S.||30||Thesis||Science minor required|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in junior and senior level physics courses in modern physics, mathematical physics or equivalent, classical mechanics, electromagnetic field theory, and quantum mechanics
If your physics GPA does not meet the minimum requirement, official GRE scores are required. Read additional information below.
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.
GPA and GRE Requirement
If your physics GPA falls below the minimum requirement of 3.0, official GRE scores with a preferred minimum of 302 (verbal and quantitative sections combined) will be required in order to be considered for conditional admission*. Our office will notify you via email should this situation occur.
*Conditional admission is not available to applicants who require "F" or "J" visas.