The master of education (M.Ed.) in management of technical education program prepares graduates to manage instructional personnel in an educational or training environment. Graduates learn skills needed to supervise educators or trainers in junior colleges, businesses, the military, civil service or other education and training sites.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|Texas State Round Rock Campus
This program can be completed in Round Rock, though taking courses in both San Marcos and Round Rock will result in quicker degree completion.
The majority of this program may be offered online. If you are not a Texas resident and will not relocate, please visit the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. International students, please visit the International Office regarding additional considerations in taking online courses.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
If your last-60-hours GPA does not meet the minimum requirement, official GRE scores are required. Read additional information below.
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of
- 19 listening
- 19 reading
- 19 speaking
- 18 writing
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.
GPA and GRE Requirement
If your last-60-hours GPA falls below the minimum requirement of 2.75, please submit official GRE scores with a preferred minimum of 291 (verbal and quantitative sections combined) and attend a personal interview in order to be considered for conditional admission*. Our office will notify you via email should this situation occur.
*Conditional admission is not available to applicants who require "F" or "J" visas.