Human Resource Management
The master of science in human resource management (MSHRM) program touts a diverse student population due to the curriculum design, which equips business and non-business majors with a fundamental human resources skill set without the need for prerequisite or leveling courses.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree (preferably in business administration or a related field) from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- a competitive GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- knowledge of business functions (management, marketing, finance, accounting, MIS) demonstrated through previous course work and/or work experience
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- responses to specific essay questions
- resume/CV detailing work experience, extracurricular and community activities, and honors and achievements
- two letters of recommendation from persons best able to assess your ability to succeed in graduate school
Read additional information about the program's admissions review process.
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of
- 19 listening
- 19 reading
- 19 speaking
- 18 writing
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.
Admissions Review Process
Admission to all graduate business degree programs is competitive and designed to identify those who have the ability, interest, and maturity to manage the rigors of the programs as well as potential for future professional growth; therefore, the admissions committee will carefully consider all aspects of your professional and academic background. The admissions committee will also closely review the qualitative elements of your application, such as letters of recommendation, quality of written essays, relevant work experience, extracurricular and community activities, honors and achievements, and other personal characteristics that will enhance diversity in academic programs.