Texas State offers opportunities to work with outstanding faculty in a collegial atmosphere where mathematicians and mathematics educators work closely together. The multi-faceted programs offer a strong mathematics foundation and research opportunities in mathematics, applied math, and mathematics education, preparing students for further graduate study, teaching, or industry positions.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|Fall||June 15||June 1|
|Spring||October 15||October 1|
|Summer I||April 15||March 15|
|Summer II||June 1||No Admission|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- additional documents not required
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.