Dialogue, essential to any practical application of philosophy, is at the heart of the applied philosophy and ethics (MAAPE) program. Students apply theory by participating in the Department of Philosophy’s Dialogue Series. The series includes student and faculty presenters from all eight colleges on campus, as well as speakers from off campus.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- statement of purpose (one page)
- two letters of recommendation
- writing sample
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.