Health Information Management
The online master of health information management (M.H.I.M.) program offers current and emerging content about the health information management field with expanding reliance on patient data. M.H.I.M. students will be trained in the latest information management technology applications and understand the workflow in healthcare organizations from large hospital systems to private physician practices.
|Degree||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
This majority of this program may be offered online. If you are not a Texas resident and will not relocate, please visit the Office of Distance and Extended Learning. International students, please visit the International Office regarding additional considerations in taking online courses.
|Fall||June 1||June 1|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- background course work in statistics and computer information systems (to be completed before starting the program)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
Documents & Other Requirements
- interview with the graduate advisor assessing your commitment to completing the program
- statement of purpose indicating your ability and interest in completing the degree program
- three letters of recommendation from professionals or academics competent to assess your interest in pursuing a career or advancing in the field of study
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.