The program offers students the opportunity to research with nationally and internationally recognized, award-winning faculty in beautiful central Texas. Students learn to think critically about theory, research and practice in multiple areas of college readiness and developmental education including developmental literacy, learning support and developmental mathematics.
|Degree||Concentration||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.A.||Developmental Mathematics||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.A.||Developmental Mathematics||36||Thesis||No minor|
|M.A.||Learning Support||36||Non-Thesis||No minor|
|M.A.||Learning Support||36||Thesis||No minor|
|Fall - Priority||February 1||February 1|
|Fall - Standard||June 15||June 1|
|Spring||October 15||October 1|
|Summer I - Priority||February 1||February 1|
|Summer I - Standard||April 15||March 15|
|Summer II - Priority||February 1||No Admission|
|Summer II - Standard||April 15||No Admission|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- statement of purpose (approximately 500 words) describing your background and professional goals, including your rationale for pursuing the chosen professional degree program, how your goals tie into the mission of the graduate program, and your philosophy of teaching and learning
- three letters of recommendation from individuals who know you as a student or as a professional
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.