Educational Leadership — Superintendent Certification
This certification program requires 15 hours to complete.
|Fall||No Admission||No Admission|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||May 15||March 15|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
This program has a flexible deadline.
|Professional Certification Exam
You will be eligible to take the Texas Education Agency superintendent certificate exam upon successful completion of program requirements.
|Texas State Round Rock Campus
This program can be completed in Round Rock, though taking courses in both San Marcos and Round Rock will result in quicker degree completion.
This program does not qualify for financial aid.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $10 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international credential fee (if applicable)
- $55 nonrefundable Texas Education Agency technology fee (if offered admission)
Review important information about application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- master's degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA on your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- copy of official teaching certificate documenting initial teaching certification
- copy of official principal certificate*
- copy of official teaching record documenting at least one year's teaching experience
*The program will also accept the equivalent of a principal certificate issued by another state or country or the completion of the superintendent certificate application and approval from the Texas Education Agency (TEA) to substitute three years’ managerial experience in lieu of a principal certificate.
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- official TOEFL iBT scores with minimum individual scores of
- 22 listening
- 22 reading
- 24 speaking
- 21 writing
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review important information about official test scores.