This certification program requires 24 hours to complete.
|Fall||No Admission||No Admission|
|Spring||No Admission||No Admission|
|Summer I||May 1||March 15|
|Summer II||No Admission||No Admission|
This program has a flexible deadline.
|Professional Certification Exam
You will be eligible to take the Texas Education Agency principal certificate exam upon successful completion of program requirements.
|Texas State Round Rock Campus
This program can be completed in Round Rock, though taking courses in both San Marcos and Round Rock will result in quicker degree completion.
This program does not qualify for financial aid.
- $10 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international evaluation fee (if applicable)
- $55 nonrefundable Texas Education Agency technology fee (if offered admission)
Review the instructions for submitting your application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- master's degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA on your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work
If you do not have a master's degree but wish to apply for the principal certification, we encourage you to review the Educational Leadership master's + professional certification program.
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
copy of official teaching certificate documenting initial teaching certification
copy of official teaching record documenting at least one year's teaching experience
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload (GADU) tool to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your NetID.
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores with minimum individual scores of
- 19 listening
- 19 reading
- 26 speaking
- 19 writing
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.