Corporate Communication and Training
This certificate program requires nine hours to complete.
|Fall||June 15*||June 1|
|Spring||October 15||October 1|
|Summer I||April 15||March 15|
|Summer II||June 1||No Admission|
*The deadline for the Fall 2018 term has been extended to August 1, 2018.
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. Additional information for applicants with international credentials can be found on our international web pages.
- $10 nonrefundable application fee
- $50 nonrefundable international credential fee (if applicable)
Effective Fall 2019 and beyond
- $20 nonrefundable application fee
- $60 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Review important information about application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each four-year institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.2 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review important information about transcripts. Official transcripts, sent directly from your institution, will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- essay (maximum 500 words) addressing the following:
- Why are you seeking the graduate certificate in corporate communication and training?
- How does your academic background prepare you for the certificate (such as previous course work in communication and/or experience as a trainer)?
- What are your plans after completing the graduate certificate in corporate communication and training, and how do you plan to apply this certificate?
Review important information about documents, including the submission instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU). You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
If you do not meet the scores above, you may qualify for English-based conditional admission if you meet the minimum scores below:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 59 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 5.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 5.5
Review important information about official test scores.