Texas State’s proximity to the San Marcos River and Spring Lake, the Aquarena Center and the Freeman Aquatic Biology Building provides students with a unique opportunity for study and research. The location also offers students access to a diversity of exceptional aquatic ecosystems throughout the Texas Hill Country and the Edwards Aquifer.
|Degree||Concentration||Hours||Thesis Option||Minor Option|
|M.S.||Aquatic Biology||31||Thesis||No minor|
|M.S.||Aquatic Systems||31||Thesis||No minor|
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree in biology or a related field from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- mentor communication (intent to mentor letter) sent directly from a Biology Department faculty member. Visit the faculty list for current faculty and their research interests and contact information.
- statement of purpose describing your professional aspirations and rationale for pursuing graduate study
- three letters of recommendation addressing the substance and quality of your preparation for graduate study
Review the instructions for using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) to submit your documents. You will have access to GADU after you submit your ApplyTexas application and activate your Texas State NetID.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Applicants are required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores that meet the minimum program requirements below unless they have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent from a country on our exempt countries list.
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
This program does not offer admission if the scores above are not met.
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.