Standard Required Documents
All applicants requiring an F-1 Student Visa must complete the ApplyTexas International Student Application Form for their intended degree program through the www.ApplyTexas.org website. After selecting the start semester, please select "Graduate, International" followed by the intended degree program. It could take 2–3 business days for The Graduate College to receive the application.
U.S. Permanent Residents and Naturalized Citizens should select "Graduate, U.S."
Application fees based on the application type submitted to The Graduate College and are paid at the time of submission of the online application form. If submitting payment after completing the ApplyTexas application, applicants can pay online through our secure portal TouchNet.
Fee Breakdown Degree-seeking $90.00 USD $40 application fee;
$50 international credential fee
$60.00 USD $10 application fee;
$50 international credential fee
Effective Fall 2019 and beyond, the international credential fee will shift to a flat fee.
Degree-seeking $90.00 USD Non-degree-seeking/Visiting*,
Graduate Exchange Students will not be required to submit any fees for admission. Please review Graduate Exchange Student for more information
- one official, university-sealed transcript (including all marks sheets) from every university attended in the native language
- (if the native language is not English) one certified English translation of every transcript (including all marks sheets) from every university attended
Academic records (full transcripts, including mark sheets) must be submitted directly to The Graduate College by post in an envelope sealed by the university. The records must be recognized by the appropriate bodies of that country and must include official stamps, seals, and/or signatures from the university’s Registrar or Controller of Examinations. These documents must be printed on university letterhead in order to be considered official.
Evaluations and Translations
We will evaluate and conduct grade conversions for all international transcripts (including marks sheets); therefore, you are not required to submit any transcript evaluations (only translations are needed if your transcripts are issued in a language other than English).
If the international university issues transcripts (including all marks sheets) in English, you only need to provide one official, university-sealed transcript. However, if the international university issues transcripts in a language other than English, you must also provide a second, certified translation into English. We accept translations from the following organizations:
- World Education Services (WES) (ICAP preferred)
- Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA)
- inlingua Austin
Applicants Currently Enrolled in a Degree Program
If you have not yet completed your degree program, you are required to submit your most recent transcripts (including all marks sheets) directly to our office. For example, if your bachelor's program is four years in length, you must submit transcripts and marks sheets up to your seventh semester (Year 4, Semester 1) at minimum. If you are admitted into a graduate program at Texas State, you will be required to submit your final transcripts, marks sheets, and degree statements by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
*In order to complete your application, you can submit copies of your complete academic record (including marks sheets, transcripts, and diploma supplements, etc.) in the formats listed above through GADU, the Graduate Application Document Upload tool. However, if you are admitted, you will need to provide your official transcripts (including all marks sheets) in order to register for classes.
The Graduate College requires two copies of official diplomas or degree certificates: one in the native language of the university and one certified translation into English. Certificates must include:
- the type of degree earned
- the date the degree had been awarded
- all official stamps, seals, and/or signatures from the university’s Registrar or Controller of Examinations Office
- Applicants with credentials from India may submit a provisional certificate of completion in place of their final degree certificate.
- Applicants with credentials from China must submit a copy of both their graduation certificate(s) and their degree certificate(s), each in the native language and translated into English.
- Applicants currently studying in the final year of a degree program not will be required to submit a copy of their final degree statement/certificate of completion. However, if admitted, the degree statement will be required by the end of the first semester of enrollment at Texas State.
In your checklist, this requirement will be listed as "University Diploma".
The Graduate College requires submission of official English proficiency scores. See English Proficiency Requirements for more information on the tests and scores required for admission.
Program-specific Required Documents
In addition to The Graduate College’s required documents above, degree-seeking applicants must submit all documents outlined on the Program Requirements website before the program's posted deadline.
Please note that any documents not required by the program or The Graduate College will not be reviewed, processed, or considered for the admissions process.
In addition to The Graduate College’s required documents above, non-degree-seeking applicants must submit the following to The Graduate College:
Exchange students at the graduate level must submit only the following materials to The Graduate College. The documents must be on file by the standard deadline.
- An ApplyTexas Non-Degree/Visiting Student application. For step-by-step instructions on how to apply as a graduate exchange student, please review our help guide.
- Visiting Student Form (must be completed each semester of study and must include approval of home university)
- English language proficiency test exam scores