Skip to main content

Graduate Student Travel Funds

The Graduate College makes every effort to support master’s and doctoral student travel to professional conferences. To be eligible for travel funds the student must:

  • have an accepted conference paper, poster, professional presentation, or performance/exhibit (and a document must be attached to the Graduate Student Travel Request form, at the time of submission, verifying the conference has accepted the presentation or performance/exhibit ~ should contain the student’s name, the conference name and similar words as “presentation or performance/exhibit has been accepted”)
  • be enrolled in a graduate degree program
  • be in good academic standing during the semester the conference is held
  • meet all Texas State travel regulations.

The Graduate College will partially fund two student conference travel requests per academic year. The Graduate College award will be made after considering department/school and college contributions, as well as funds available.

To request travel funds, the student should obtain the required Graduate Student Travel Funds Request form, complete the form, and submit the form (with the conference presentation acceptance document) to the department of their major. The student’s department of their major and/or academic College may also contribute funds for the student’s travel.