Let us help you share your work at professional conferences around the globe! The Graduate College provides funds to support student participation in conferences in Texas, the United States and beyond.
The Graduate College will partially fund two graduate student conference travel requests per academic year. (The content and title of the presentations must differ from one another.) Award amounts are determined by location of the conference:
- $150 for travel within Texas
- $200 for travel within the U.S., Mexico, and Canada
- $300 for travel outside North America
Your department and/or academic college may also contribute funds for your travel.
In order to receive travel funds, you must
- be enrolled in a graduate degree program at Texas State University
- have an accepted conference paper, poster, professional presentation, or performance/exhibit
- be in good academic standing during the semester the conference is held
- meet all Texas State University travel regulations
To request travel funds, please submit the following documents directly to your department (once approved, the documents will be routed to The Graduate College):
- completed Graduate Student Travel Funds Request form
- conference presentation acceptance document, including the student’s name, the conference name, and verbiage confirming the acceptance of your work, e.g. “your presentation/paper/performance/exhibit has been accepted”
Please submit these items as soon as you have been selected to present.
Awards are processed in the order received and will be made after considering department/school and college contributions.