The Graduate College provides these scholarships to encourage outstanding prospective graduate students to take standardized tests (GRE/GMAT) required by some graduate programs. These scholarships are available to currently enrolled, Texas State University students with financial need who are applying to a Texas State University graduate program that requires standardized test scores for admission consideration.
A one-time, competitive award of $200 will be given to select applicants once they have been admitted to a Texas State University graduate program and registered for classes. The scholarship will be disbursed after the census date for the applicable semester.
In order to be considered for the test fee scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- be currently enrolled at Texas State University
- not hold a graduate degree
- intend to pursue a graduate degree at Texas State University
- meet the program’s admission requirements
- review test preparation materials and attend information sessions
- take the GRE/GMAT after reviewing test preparation materials
- complete and submit Test Fee Scholarship application
First, you must sign into the Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS) and complete the general application. The additional items below must also be submitted through BOSS in order to complete your Graduate College Test Fee Scholarship application.
- essay expressing your career objectives and reasons for selecting your graduate program (200-word maximum)
Some documents (e.g., resume and essay) may be required for both admissions and scholarship consideration.
- Fall deadline: October 15
- Spring deadline: April 15