Interested in funding opportunities for your graduate education?
If so, we encourage you to review additional details, eligibility, and application requirements for the scholarships offered by The Graduate College. Both incoming and current students are able to apply for our scholarships. When you are ready to apply, you will submit your application in the Bobcat Online Scholarship System (BOSS), which typically accepts scholarships applications from November 1 through March 1. We have compiled some tips and suggestions to help you navigate the system efficiently.
Tips and Suggestions
- For best performance of BOSS, please use either Firefox or Chrome as your browser.
- Applicants who have submitted an ApplyTexas application for admission can apply for scholarships. Those who have completed their ApplyTexas applications will be considered; however, only those who have been accepted to their program of study can be awarded.
- After logging in to BOSS, complete and submit the general application. You will then click on "opportunities” in order to begin the application process (regardless of whether or not you have applied previously).
- Once you click on "opportunities", the system will display only the scholarships/fellowships for which you are eligible.
- If you have applied in a previous year, you can use the same recommenders for your current application. However, the recommender must submit a new letter for the current application, though he/she can choose to use the same letter from years past. We are unable to retrieve letters submitted for your ApplyTexas admission application or for past scholarship applications; the letters must be submitted through the scholarship system by the recommender for each new scholarship for which you apply.
- We strongly recommend that you contact your references prior to submitting their contact information in the system. Once you have submitted their contact information, the system enables you to remind your references about submitting their letters. Please contact your references at least three weeks prior to when you would like to complete your application and review more tips for requesting recommendations.
- You must click on the “Finish and Submit” button in order for your application to be reviewed by the committees.
- We highly encourage you set a “pre-deadline” of at least one week before the deadline to allow for any unforeseen circumstances that might delay your submission.