Tips for Using the Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU)
Have you applied for graduate studies at Texas State? Wondering how to submit your documents quickly and efficiently? Our Graduate Admissions Document Upload tool (GADU) is available for just that purpose.
First, you must submit your ApplyTexas application. Your application typically takes 24–48 hours to be processed by our office. Once your application has been processed in our system, you will receive an email from The Graduate College confirming your ApplyTexas application submission and providing you with your NetID and corresponding NetID activation instructions.
Document submission through GADU is not possible unless you have activated your NetID.
The following admissions requirements CANNOT be submitted through GADU:
- official transcripts*
- official test scores (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, TOEFL, IELTS)
- fees (While you cannot submit your payment through the GADU tool, the link to the university online payment site is available.)
Please refer to our submission instructions for details on providing these requirements.
*You can submit a copy of an official transcript through GADU to meet your application requirements. If you are admitted, you will need to provide official transcripts before you can enroll. Please refer to our submission instructions for details on providing official transcripts, official test scores, and fees.
The icons below indicate the status of your document:
|your document has been successfully uploaded and approved by our office. You have completed your application when you see a green check mark next to every item.|
|your document has been successfully uploaded and is pending review by our office. You have not completed your application if you see a yellow triangle next to any item.|
|your document has not been successfully uploaded or has been rejected by our office. You have not completed your application if you see a red "X" next to any item.|
Having issues? Review the list below for solutions to the most frequently reported problems.
- Upload copies of all official transcripts as one PDF file. Review our downloadable guide for additional information. Instructions on combining PDF files are available in the GADU tool.
- Check your file size. Files must be less than 9.00 MB. When possible, try to save documents in a smaller (yet still legible) resolution.
- Save your documents in PDF format without password protection.
- Confirm you are only submitting items required by the program.
You can submit revised documents through the tool as long as your application status is incomplete. If your status is complete, please send your item to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open GADU with different browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla FireFox.
- Wait for a few second to pass before moving on to your next upload. Do not immediately exit GADU or continually click the submit buttons after uploading your document.
You will receive a pop-up indicating a successful submission.
- Enter your recommender's email correctly.
- Ask your recommender to check all spam/junk email folders and filters if the recommendation request email has not been received.
You can change your recommender at any time if they have not already submitted a recommendation for you. Review tips on requesting recommendations.