|Description of Fellowship|
Guidelines for Utilizing The College of Applied Arts Funds For Research Fellowships
Departments that will provide matching funds to the college's (College of Applied Arts) dollars will be eligible to receive the funds for a Research Assistant.
Description of College of Applied Arts Research Fellowship
The purpose of the research fellowship program is to allow students the opportunity to learn more about conducting research by assisting faculty with various research projects (i.e., book, research article, or grant proposal). The student will work with a professor for a maximum of 20 hours a week for $6,250 a semester. The positions are awarded for a 9-month duration (September 1 through May 31). This Research Fellowship is only for new graduate students in the College of Applied Arts.
• Students can apply for research fellowships only in the program they have been accepted into (not a masters program in another college). For example, only those accepted into the Masters in Criminal Justice program can receive a Criminal Justice research fellowship.
• Students must have a minimum overall undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.25.
• Students must be admitted unconditionally and in good academic standing.
• Priority will be given to new students; other students can apply, however.
Students must apply by June 1 of each year for the positions that begin September 1 of each year. Students may apply by completing the online application. Please submit attachments in PDF format in a compressed zip file. You may visit http://www.appliedarts.txstate.edu/Graduate-Studies/Financial-Opportunities/caagrainfopage.html for specific requirements regarding document submission.
Please contact Yolanda Quintanilla at (512) 245-3538 or email@example.com with any questions or concerns you may have.
Requirements of Research Fellowship Recipients
• Student must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
• Student must maintain 9 graduate hours of coursework each semester.
• Student must remain in good academic standing.